While picturesque and beautiful, I have been putting off my post to describe my overnight stay with a host family in Stavanger, for I could not for the life of me think of a single story of interest to hold your attention: dear readers. Thus, I have elected to just show you all pictures. Enjoy the flip book, kiddies.

My host family's home
you can see their house clearly on the other side of the fjord.

downtown


Monument for people who died in a shipwreck.



My host father could not stop laughing at the fact that everyone wasn't up at the asylum center at 9am. He thought it was clear they needed a "kick in the ass".
DId I mention I spent half the trip gritting my teeth?
DId I mention I spent half the trip gritting my teeth?

cathedral



Here's when my host father insisted I figure out the inscription on this chair - even though he knew I didn't know latin.

Met the new bishop - Erling Johan Pettersen. He was really nice and had lived in Minnesota and didn't believe in missionary training because it emphasized what you could teach them rather than what they can teach you.

... and then we went to the Missionary college


My own personal hell

Old town of Stavanger



The Canning museum! The highlight of my trip.

Jealous yet?



Besides Sardines, they also made fish balls! Fascinating.




beautiful fjord


big rocks

THE END



how gorgeous!
ReplyDelete